Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exclusive: Teen Prostitutes Can Prey on Athletes and Celebrities

by Dr. Boyce Watkins – The Institute for Black Public Policy

When I first heard about the recent rape allegation against former New York Giant Lawrence Taylor, I wasn't sure what to think. I can say that I was highly skeptical of his wife's claims that her husband was set up. But there was something inside that led me to wonder how in the world someone could argue that they accidentally ended up in a room with an underage girl or didn't know they were having sex with one. In New York state, even if you don't know you're with an underage woman, you are still held responsible in the end. So, without regard to the situation of Lawrence Taylor, I was simply curious about how all this works.
That led me to do some investigating to find out more about the dark world of teen prostitution, and the experiences of young women who enter into this seedy profession at such an early age.

Click to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment